Since Friday night (late) I've been up on the North Shore with a good chunk of the family. For the most part, everyone has been just bumming around the cabin as the skiing and hiking haven't been that great due to a thaw and freeze. However, last night we got about an inch of scow, so mom and I headed out for Gooseberry today with skis packed for the day. We went our separate ways and planned to meet up again when it was time to head back to the cabin. I ended up heading down the north side of the river towards the Gitchi Gummi overlook on foot first. Not much to see on the way, but I did jump one deer. At the over look I paused and adjusted my layers to fit my activity and the conditions and then continued on the rest of the way around the loop. I haven't even been on the back side of that trail, it is definitely somewhere I'll have to check out come summer time. Once I got back to the bridge I got back on my skis and made a loop up to the Fifth Falls and then back down to the visitor center. Highlights of the route were a Bald Eagle and following wolf tracks for about a quarter mile. The trails were still not all that great, but the fresh snow over the top was an improvement. After we got back to the cabin, we headed down to see Brian and Kate off and have supper in Duluth at Grandma's. Quite the classic restaurant choice for departing Duluth - a good time was had by all, and now we're two less here in the cabin. Now with the waves crashing into the shore - I think it's time to lay back and answer all the worlds questions. I'll let you all know how it goes...
1 comment:
But, alas!...the answers to the world's questions were delayed by a game of Balderdash!
Post a Comment