Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wyoming Days 2-4

Since the internet was not cooperating with the laptop, this is the first opportunity that I've had to post again. On Wednesday, I spent most of the day bumming around the house, studying, or napping. I walked downtown, about a 3 mile walk, to meet Amanda after work. We went out to eat at a really fancy Tex-mex resteraunt, I think it was called Taco John's, and then came back to campus for a free screening of "Hancock" in one of the larger technology equipped lecture halls.

Thursday, I went to pick up some groceries for a spaghetti dinner I was planning for Friday, and some ingredients that I needed for muffins that I was making later that day. Of course I realized later that I should have picked up some basic things that would have been in abundance at home but are rather scarce at the campus house (butter and muffin papers). I made muffins and cleaned around the house some while studying or watching the History channel in the moments between. When Amanda got back from class, her RA had us help her put up some spider webs on the front porch of the house, before we were off to supper. Thursday evening we ate at the cafeteria again and I stopped at the school library on the way back to the house, to find that they have a far superior collection of maps than the public library, and will most likely have to go back there later. When I got back to the house, I helped the other residents continue decorate for Halloween, and then hit the books again. When Amanda's last classes were finished, we made a movie night of what remained of the evening.

This morning I slept in again, but took the afternoon to explore around town. I stopped in at the local hospital and talked with HR just to see what things were like, and they want me to apply and come back on Monday to talk with a Nurse Manager for their Med/Surg. department. I've expressed to them that I'm still living in MN and do not have plans as of yet to move to Sheridan, but they seem enthusiastic nonetheless, so I figure I might as well get all practiced up for Mayo. I checked out the "Trails End" historic site, but didn't see much, as is closed just before I got there. I spent the rest of the time until Amanda was finished working checking out parks and residential areas of town. We went out to eat at the Pony bar and grill tonight. It was some good food, but it was quite busy, it took us about an hour and a half to get in and out, but the burgers were worth it. We then headed to "The Well" which is Amanda's church's college-age-people's group, and then back home where she and her roommate watched Rocky Horror Picture Show, and I worked on my application and other paper work. But now that the internet is on speaking terms with the Laptop, I should let Amanda catch up on her online needs too.

No comments: